Traditional Ayurveda therapy package in Sri Lanka – Overview
On the first day, the tourists will have an initial appointment with the qualified Ayurveda physician at a licensed treatment center, which will take about 30 minutes. Through this consultation, the doctor will define your prakruthi balance and the disparities of your three doshas. The practitioner will then recommend treatment and nutritional routine based on the food principles of the Ayurveda principles.
Traditional Ayurveda Treatment – Elements
Depending on the package chosen, you can get regular Ayurveda therapies with varying durations, with a minimum of 2.5 hours of Ayurveda care every day. The therapies comprise of the following combinations:
- Shirōbhyanga: nourishes the scalp and stimulates the development of the hair.
- Shirodhāra: Induce relaxation and alleviate tension
- Picchill: to soothe and alleviate the inflammatory state of the scalp
- Parishēka: to alleviate burning sensations in your body
- Abhyanga: to provide strength, healthy skin, and longevity, and to alleviate exhaustion and to induce sleep. This often relieves discomfort and aches and eases joint spasms and muscular rheumatism.
2) Skin and Eyes:
- Vaktrābhyanga: To fertilize facial muscles and enhance skin
- Ayurveda Face Packs: Purify, moisturize and soothe the skin.
- Akshitarpana: Uses a specific eye bath to nourish your eyes and improve your eyesight.
- Nētraparishek: Cleansing the eyes, calming and calm irritated eyes.
- Nētrapindi: Put special medicament eye packs to soothe sore eyes and nourish and calm exhausted eyes.
- Pinda Sweda: to stimulate sweat, to eliminate stiffness of joints and to render them supple, to clean the body channels, and to rejuvenate and regenerate through the application of a specific sweating technique.
3) Toxin Elimination and Weight Reduction:
- Avagāha Swēda: unique sweating for lumbago, sciatica, and renal pain relief
- Nādi Swēda: direct-controlled steam to localized areas to alleviate pain utilizing an appropriate apparatus.
- Parishēka Swēda: To create sweat and to cleanse the body of its contaminants
- Kuti Swēda (Sauna): Lose weight under the care of the Ayurveda Practitioner.
- Aushadha Snāna (Herbal Bath): To treat various skin conditions, eliminate contaminants and relieve discomfort. It refreshes and brings energy to the human body
- Pebble Walk: Cause reflexive responses of the sole to activate and tone-up internal organs
- Vāshpa Swēda (Steam Bath): To minimize body weight and fat, the body is allowed to sweat in a special chamber made of therapeutic wood.
Traditional Ayurveda Packages – Bookings
Traditional Ayurveda packages are more comprehensive than other individual treatment packages. The whole purpose of these treatment packages is to heal your body and get revived. From our side, we have picked the best treatment centers across the island for you. Contact us and book your tour today or please visit For more details about Ayurveda Tours in Sri Lanka
Ayurveda Related Tropics