This detailed Sri Lanka travel guide is tailored for people wanting to visit Sri Lanka who love delicious spicy cuisine and would like more than just a beach vacation. What We Give You In This Ultimate Travel Guide to Sri Lanka:
- Why Visit Sri Lanka?
- Sri Lanka Travel Facts
- Best time to Visit Sri Lanka
- Choosing a Reliable Sri Lanka Travel Agency
- Itinerary Planning
- Cost Calculations
- Sri Lanka Travel Visa
- Buying Travel Insurance and Air Tickets
- Booking Your Accommodation
- Health and Safety Factors to Consider
- Enjoying Your Sri Lanka Holiday
Alright, let’s begin the best ever Sri Lanka Travel Guide ever now!
01.Why Visit Sri Lanka?:
Sri Lanka is a beautiful island situated southwest of India, adjacent to the state of Tamil Nadu, in which civilizations live for over 2,500 years. It is primarily a Buddhist nation with a minority number of Catholics, Hindus, and Muslims.
Long history: the island is a paradise full of ancient ruins and castles, tea plantations and houses dating all the way back to the Dutch and British colonial periods.
The warm environment and beautiful beaches: unlike many other travel destinations in Asia, Sri Lanka’s coastal areas are clean as major tourism projects haven’t ruined the system. As a consequence, you will discover large stretches of beaches all by yourself.
Excellent food: Sri Lanka does have some of the finest food on the planet, as the island is host to a large range of spices. The environment and rich soil make it suitable for growing a large variety of tropical vegetables and fruits. As an island, seafood is common and affordable.
Natural Beauty: Sri Lanka has the highest biodiversity in Asia and the government is taking measures to conserve threatened species by creating nature reserves and bird sanctuaries. Two of the greatest joys of visiting Sri Lanka are marveling at the gorgeous tropical plants and flowers, waking to birds singing every morning, and seeing wild elephants cross the road. The spice plantations are great places to explore, as you will see where all of the world’s best ingredients, such as coffee, cinnamon, and cardamom, come from.
All in all, Sri Lanka is the best destination for a memorable tropical holiday with your better half or family.
02. Sri Lanka Travel Facts
- Location and size: situated a few degrees north of Ecuador, Sri Lanka is probably smaller than Ireland and marginally bigger than West Virginia.
- Currency: Sri Lankan Rupee (LKR).
- Religions: The population of Sri Lanka comprises various religious groups. The two highest are primarily Buddhist Sinhalese and mostly Hindu Tamil; while there are many Muslims and Christians.
- Politics: Sri Lanka gained independence from Great Britain in 1948 and refused its colonial name, Ceylon, in 1972. After liberation, the nation had a working government, and in 1960 it elected the world’s first female leader.
- Languages: Sinhalese, Tamil, and English are national languages.
- Health: Sri Lankans have an average life expectancy of 77 years.
- Education: Sri Lanka has a literacy level of about 93%.
- Exports: apparel and tea are the main exports of the country. Rubber, coconut, and precious gems are significant, too.
Sri Lanka is a safe country to travel with your partner and family.
03.Best Time to Visit Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka is a year-long travel destination. However, the below list will help you figure out more about it:
* March: The best time to visit the hill-country & central highlands (Nuwara Eliya, Kandy, and Peradeniya Botanical Gardens.)
* April to September: The best time to visit the East Coast and ancient cities, including the cultural triangle.
* October to March: The best time to visit the Southern & West coastline (Galle in the south, Chilaw in the west, & Colombo in the south-west.)
* April to September: The best time to visit Northern & Eastern areas (Trincomalee in the north-east, Eravur, Passikudah in the east, and Vavuniya in the north.)
* July-August: Grand festivals; Kandy Esala Perahera and Kataragama festivals take place during this time.)
Our complete travel guide Sri Lanka tip:
The yearly average temperature across the island is 27-29 Degrees Celsius, but hill-country & central highlands have lower temperatures.
Sri Lanka is a year-round travel destination, meaning you can visit at any time of the year.
04.Choosing a Reliable Sri Lanka Travel Agency:
There are many considerations that you need to weigh before considering the best travel agent.
Let’s be sure that they are legitimate
The first thing you ought to verify is the validity of a travel agent.
There are bogus ones known as scammers, which is why we need to be cautious and vigilant when selecting a travel agent so that we don’t become a target of scammers.
Compare with the other travel agents
Another way to decide how to pick the right Sri Lanka travel agent is to compare it with other travel agencies to see if it provides better service. Please compile a checklist of the things you are searching for in a travel agency, beginning with if the company is approved. Contact the agencies directly.
Look for agencies that cater to the same style of travel you’re involved in for a great travel experience. This can be a consideration in determining which travel agent is better positioned to find out which agency will satisfy the unique needs. Also, choosing a long-term full-service travel agent is advisable to save time and money in the long run. So, when you visit Sri Lanka again, you can, again and again, rely upon them.
A decent travel agent offers you the greatest experience on your trip. It’s really necessary to find the best organization for you.
Well, Sri Lanka is a tourist paradise, meaning it’s impossible to write all the places to visit in one article. However, we can include the most-visited tourist places in Sri Lanka as follows:
Alright, Sri Lanka’s got it all. See the dolphins off the palm-fringed shores, track the leopards in the dense rainforests, and stroll across the smoky mountains to the green tea estates. You will get a taste of the island’s history by visiting Buddhist temples, wrestling with colonial forts, and indulging in its deeply flavored cuisine. For such a range of sights, working out where to go in Sri Lanka could be quite a challenge, even if its comparatively limited size ensures that you can fit a ton into a single ride.
A Quick Tip: So, as you have found a reliable Sri Lanka Travel Agency now, do this step with the help of their expertise.
Below is a list of things to consider when planning your holiday itinerary:
- The Hill Country – Perfect for Honeymoons and Adventure Lovers
- Sri Lanka’s West Coast for Beach Holidays
- The Southern Coast of Sri Lanka for Adventure Lovers
- The Cultural Triangle for Explorers
- The east and the north for an Unspoiled Experience
- National parks for wildlife tours and safaris
Fabulous things to do in Sri Lanka include:
- Wildlife Safari Tours in Sri Lanka
- Adventure Water Sports in Sri Lanka
- Hiking and Trekking in Sri Lanka
So, no matter your intention for visiting Sri Lanka, to spend a perfect honeymoon or give your loving family a wonderful time in a tropical country, it all can happen on this beautiful island. Plan your tour itinerary with the local travel agent you have chosen by now.
When you’re planning a holiday, but you don’t know how far your budget is going to carry you, what are you meant to do?
Holiday preparation is expected to be enjoyable. The joy of discovering the right places to eat and tracking down less-visited sights is part of the trip.
However, with those on the budget, holiday preparation may be overwhelming. Scouring those flight review pages, and looking relentlessly for an inexpensive place to stay, will contribute to a migraine.
There are a variety of resources that can support you with these cases. From sites that offer you the best locations to see depending on your budget, to travel cost calculators.
- Take a peek at your everyday budget and the perfect duration of your journey.
- Easily build a shortlist of places that you can afford to visit.
- Break down the exact expense of exploring any of these locations so that you can make the right choices.
Also, don’t forget that your local travel agent can give you valuable advice on the expenses of the country. For example, we know every expense that an international traveler would have to afford when visiting Sri Lanka, and we are more than happy to assist them.
There are also websites that you can use as online tools for this purpose. Create a shortlist of expenses; for example, cost of the visa, air tickets, accommodation, site tickets, and so on. Besides, don’t forget to have additional cash in your hand when visiting a foreign country.
07.Sri Lanka Travel Visa:
For the highest accuracy of information, we have included the exact information on the official Sri Lankan travel visa website over here: Travelers should obtain ETA for a short visit to Sri Lanka with effect from 1 January 2012.
On the grounds of reciprocity, civilians of the Republic of Singapore, the Republic of the Maldives, and the Republic of Seychelles are excluded from the obligation for ETA to enter Sri Lanka. Even so, as a consequence of the outbreak of Covid 19, please continue to apply for an ETA if your travel is only required. ETA’s issuing authority is the Department of Immigration and Immigration, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
Persons wishing to visit Sri Lanka can apply for ETA online. In addition to this choice, the individual can also apply for one of the alternate choices.
Diplomatic and official passport holders are excluded from ETA processing fees only if their applications are sent to state entities such as departments, legislative bodies, Sri Lanka Overseas Missions, etc.
ETA is originally restricted to 30 days from the date of delivery, but it can be expanded to a period of six (06) months.
Visit http://www.immigration.gov.lk for more details.
08.Buying Travel Insurance and Air Tickets:
If you’re going to visit Sri Lanka for this vacation, you’ve possibly already booked some of the key elements, such as your flight or cruise. But did you buy travel insurance? Travel sites make it fairly simple these days to add travel insurance to your order, but what does that premium bring you, and what is the additional expense really worth it?
In particular, there are two types of travel insurance:
Basic travel cancelation insurance, which usually includes missing luggage, compensation if you miss a connection and refund if you can’t travel because you’re ill or injured.
Comprehensive travel insurance, which normally includes any of these, including every medical or dental emergency, catastrophe rescue and even sudden death costs. This is essentially a mixture of transport and hospital expenses.
It’s necessary to buy travel insurance when visiting a foreign country, and that’s why we highly recommend it when you visit Sri Lanka for a holiday. Regarding ticket booking; it’s much easier these days with all online platforms and comparison sites. As usual, compare and buy tickets at the best prices to save money.
09.Booking Your Accommodation:
When it comes to vacations, hotels will easily make up the bulk of your vacation expenses, and your lodging can make or break your entire trip.
It doesn’t matter whether you’re planning to stay in a bungalow, a cottage, a B&B, or even a tent; it’s crucial to make the right choices whenever it comes to planning your stay. To this end, use the following guidelines while booking holiday accommodation to ensure a good vacation.
1) Pick Age-Appropriate Accommodation: Before pulling your credit card, and also before reading reviews, it is important to ensure that your shortlist is full of hotels that are age-appropriate and that it suits your vacation. However, Sri Lanka has thousands of hotels, restaurants, and even rental houses for international travelers, which ensures that you have enough options to consider.
2) Think Outside the Box: There are many ways you could think outside the box when it comes to finding lodging for the holidays. You may have decided that a traditional hotel isn’t for you. You do not have the means to cover holiday accommodation for a big family party.
Think outside the box, and you’ll be shocked how many choices there are where accommodation is either incredibly inexpensive or even free. As usual, your local travel agent will arrange all of this for you, keeping you stress-free.
10.Health and Safety Factors to Consider:
Millions of travel lovers travel abroad every year. Safety should be a critical factor for those traveling beyond the country of origin. There are a few things you should do to enhance your safety when abroad.
- Safety of motor vehicles when traveling
- Hazards of animals or insects
- Vaccine Requirements
- Risks related to violence
- Hazards to swim
When it comes to driving in Sri Lanka, you can choose government or private travel methods. However, your travel agent can do wonders for you in this case. For example, the vehicles and qualified drivers and guides we offer will keep you safe from arrival to departure.
In Sri Lanka, all wildlife national parks and zoos are well protected. Nevertheless, wildlife is wildlife, meaning you should take precautions when spotting them. Your local travel guide can educate you on it. An insect repellent can protect you from mosquitoes and other harsh insects.
You may have to get vaccines for some known diseases and health conditions when visiting Sri Lanka. For example, the vaccine for rabies. Sri Lanka is a safe country but keep in your mind that violence is common throughout the world. The police and tri forces do their best to keep travelers and citizens safe. When swimming and diving, talk to the locals; they know where it’s safe and unsafe to dive and swim.
Enjoy Your Holiday
OK, if you plan your next Sri Lanka holiday according to the guidelines given in this post, you will surely have the best of your life in this tropical paradise. This isn’t the end. We have explained the elements of Sri Lanka holiday planning through a series of other articles; you can find the interlinks over here. Read those as well for a memorable holiday.