A family holiday is such a joyous time to make wonderful memories together. It is only fitting that your holiday should be a fun experience for the whole family. There is one spot where you can make your dream vacation come true. It is none other than the pearl of the Indian ocean-Sri Lanka. Here’s everything you need to know about family holidays to Sri Lanka. Find out more Family Tour Packages
Welcome to Sri Lanka. At the airport, you will be greeted by both our Overa Tours representative and guide who will take you to Negombo. It is a romantic little coastal town with wide sandy beaches and a safe sea coastal area. You can enjoy the rest of the day at leisure to relax and unwind and could enjoy Negombo nightlife. Our guide will lead you to some of Negombo’s curious sites.
Overnight stay in Negombo
After breakfast proceeds to Sigiriya. En-route visit Pinnawala Elephant orphanage.
Check in to the hotel in Sigirya. Evening visit Sigiriya Rock Fortress.
Sigiriya Rock Fortress is considered one of the amazing wonders of the Ancient World that truly needs to be witnessed to be believed. Located in the interior of Sri Lanka and the magnificent rock fortress of Sigiriya is visible for miles from all directions and dominates the surrounding plain. The climb up Sigiriya is a challenge and it will take about 90 minutes
Overnight stay at Sigiriya.
After breakfast proceeds to Polonnaruwa.
Polonnaruwa heritage sites & city tour
Explore the second ancient kingdoms in Sri Lanka. Today will guide you to the ancient city of Polonnaruwa, which has been declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO and remains one of the best planned archeological relic sites in the country.
Evening, head out to experience a taste of Sri Lankan wildlife at Minneriya national park. Minneriya national park is a dry zone protected area with beautiful panoramic views, which is known for its high density of Asian elephants. The famous “Gathering” of wild elephants occurs here annually between June and September. It is the largest known Asian wild elephant gathering in the world.
Overnight stay in Sigiriya
After breakfast proceeds to Kandy. En route visit Dambulla cave temple
Kandy is known as the cultural capital of Sri Lanka which represents the rich cultural heritage of the country. Additionally, the city is beautiful in all aspects and lies in the hills. It’s more suitable for relaxing and reflecting.
Overnight stay at the Kandy
After breakfast leave for sightseeing in Kandy. Kandy is a little paradise with a mild temperature that is an ideal destination for a family holiday.
Buddha Tooth Relic Temple is also located on the edge of the beautiful Kandy Lake in the center of the holy city of Kandy. The ancient city of Kandy is known as the Buddhist shrine and was the last capital of the Sinhala kings. Also leisurely drive to Peradeniya Royal Botanic Gardens, the world’s best tropical botanical garden and the largest botanical garden in Asia. You can enjoy the Kandy nightlife with traditional cultural dance and a city tour.
Temple of Tooth
Peradeniya botanical garden
Cultural dancing show
Overnight stay at Kandy
After breakfast, you will transfer to Kandy railway station to experience the breathtaking hill country train ride.
Check in to the hotel and enjoy the Nuwara Eliya panoramic environment.
Overnight stay in Nuwara Eliya
Nuwaraeliya is known as one of the most romantic and favorite honeymoon destinations among locals and foreigners. Nuwaraeliya is known as “Little England” because of the climate and also remaining British colonial architecture buildings. You can taste authentic British black tea at TEA FACTORY. Wonderful panoramic views of the lush plantations and misty hills can bring your to another world. In the evening leisurely spend time in Gregory Lake. It was the most prominent attraction in the area and was used as a place to relax by many visitors.
Tea Factory Tour
Overnight stay at Nuwara Eliya
After Breakfast, you will proceed to the Thissamaharama. Evening you can visit the Thissamaharama lake and explore the bird habitat around the lake and enjoy the dry zone natural beauty around the area.
Overnight stay at Thissamaharama
Early Morning proceed to Yala national park
Yala National Park is 2nd largest National Park situated in the southeast region of the Island and home to Sri Lanka’s broad variety of wildlife. it has one of the highest leopard densities in the world and It is thrilling to observe leopards in graceful movements, majestic elephants with a powerful bodies, peacocks, wearing their finest dress, sloth bears, sambars, jackals, spotted dear, and crocodiles.
After finishing the safari you will be transferred to Mirissa.
Overnight stay in Mirissa.
Leisurely spend the day in Mirissa beach
It’s an early start as we transfer to the boat pier for our Whale and Dolphin Watching boat cruise. During this time of year Fin Whales, Bryde’s Whales, Sperm Whales, Blue Whales – the largest creatures on earth, Whale Sharks,
The round trip may last anywhere between 2 – 6 hours with an average of 4 hours depending on how far out at sea the mammals are located. After having a blissful morning with the Whale and the Dolphins and so many things to wind up for the day and talk about the lovely moments from the morning so drive back to the hotel.
Check out and transfer to Bentota
Overnight stay in Bentota
Full-day leisure in Bentota beach.
After breakfast visits Galle Dutch Fort. Evening Leisurely spend the day in Bentota beach
After breakfast, your guide will take you back to the international airport for a safe journey.
We hope and wish that you will visit this beautiful country again.
- Hotel or resort with Breakfast and Dinner
- Transfers by an air-conditioned car
- Sightseeing tours with the service of an English-speaking chauffeur guide
- Parking and toll
- GST/VAT/ Service Charges
- Price per person on a double sharing basis
- Any video/still camera fee to the monuments and places of visit
- Items of personal nature like drinks, laundry, telephone calls, tips, etc.
- Extra excursions
- Early check-in and late check-out charges
- Anything else not mentioned in the inclusion
- Mentioned price is for standard hotels and if you need to upgrade hotels, Please ask for the customized package.
- During the peak time, peak period supplement may apply
- Hotels are subject to availability
Know before you go
* Airport pick up will be arranged based on your flight details.
* Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.
* Roundtrip transportation is available from most centrally located Colombo hotels.
* You must wear clothing that covers your shoulders and knees for visiting sacred or holy places.
* The duration of transfers is approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions.
* A current valid passport is required on the day of travel.
* Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required.
* Gratuity is not included and is left to individual discretion.
* This activity is not wheelchair accessible.
* 30 Days prior to the scheduled starting date: No Cancellation Fee.
* 29-14 Days prior to the scheduled starting date: 50% Cancellation Fee.
* 13-8 Days prior to the scheduled starting date: 75% Cancellation Fee.
* Within 7 hours prior to the scheduled starting date: 100% Cancellation Fee.
* No Shows – 100% Cancellation Fee.