Adventure Tour 10 days
Adventure tours in Sri Lanka are a type of niche tourism, involving exploration or travel with a certain degree of risk (real or perceived), and which may require special skills and physical exertion. The benefits that can obtain through adventure tours are countless. Adventure travelers are able to discover Heart-Stopping untouched places, enjoy a heart-pounding experience, literally, adventure tours in Srilanka offer something for everyone.
This adventure tour is steadily growing in Sri Lanka as there is a multitude of adrenaline-inducing experiences in a whole host of beautiful and stunning natural landscapes. This tour offers a variety of exciting adventure tours like Trekking and Hiking, Rock Climbing, White water rafting, Wildlife safaris, and many more here mentioned.
- Game drive in Minneriya national park
- Kayaking in Dambulla lake
- Sigiriya rock fortress
- Knuckles mountain range
- Kithulgala adventure region
- Hiking and trekking in Ella
• Arrival in Colombo International Airport and meet with our representative at the arrival lounge and Transfer to capital city Colombo – 1 hour drive approximately
• Overnight stay at Colombo
• After Breakfast at the hotel Transfer to Dambulla – 4 hours’ drive approximately and Visit Dambulla Cave Temple, a UNESCO world heritage site, this complex dates from the third and second centuries BC. Next Do evening safari game drive at Mannerly National Park. Be a part of the “Elephant gathering”, the annual congregation of Wild Elephants sometimes herds as large as 400 come together in the largest gathering of wild elephants in the world. There is also plenty of other wildlife to see and enjoy
• Overnight stay at sigiriya
• Do early morning kayak and have breakfast at the campsite and Start the Jungle walk and the village tour. After Back to the campsite for lunch Evening transfer to Sigiriya to Climb Sigiriya Rock Fortress, a UNESCO world heritage site now and was the palace and pleasure garden of King Kassapa
• BBQ dinner at the campsite
• After Breakfast at the Campsite transfer to Kandy – 2 ½ hour drive approximately.
You will be transferred from Kandy 22 km on Mahiyangana road and then another 18 km inland by a van where you will be starting the trek through home spice gardens, vegetable fields, rice fields, tea plantation, pygmy forests, and plateaus. The trek is approximately about 8 km one way and it’s 16 km in total. At the end of the trail, you would be able to swim at a base of a nice waterfall.
You are expected to encounter species such as Deer, Barking deer, Deers, monkeys, and various types of Lizards. In this trek, you will be climbing from 1200 ft to 1850 ft. On the way back you will be able to do some bird watching. At night you will be staying in a mobile tented camp in the Knuckles mountain range above 1200 ft from the sea level
• After breakfast you will be trekking through tea plantation, pine forest, a typical kandyan village and rice fields. This is a circular trek which is approximately about 18 kms. Village culture and bird watching are some of the highlights of this trip. You will be transferred to Kitulgala. – 3 hour drive approximately
• Overnight stay at Kitulgala Adventures campsite
• After breakfast at the Campsite do waterfall abseiling. Enjoying the view of a stunning Waterfall is already amazing but abseiling takes this adventure far beyond the limits of normal sightseeing of a tourist. The intense and powerful feeling of the water combined with the fact that you are hanging on a rope and that there is nothing but water beneath and above will give an adrenaline rush as you have never experienced before in the evening the trek to natural rock pools and waterfalls of “Kataran-Oya” -1.5KM. There are 7 natural pools that are beautiful and a gift of nature where you will be able to experience the Stream slide and confidence jump after Experience White Water Rafting in the picturesque Kelani River, covering 5 major rapids and 4 minor rapids. This activity is for anyone above the age of 10 years with safety gear, modern rafts, and a comprehensive safety briefing will be given by our white water rafting instructors beforehand. The distance covered is around 5 KMs. The river and its surrounding will make you feel enchanted, with a memorable Experience during your White Water Rafting Tour in Kitulgala.
• BBQ Dinner and overnight stay at Kitulgala Adventures campsite
• After breakfast at the campsite Transfer to Hatton Railway station for catch the train and transfer to Ella – 4 hours drive approximately. During the journey, the train goes passing lush greenish tea estates, many tunnels, farming fields, villages, various types of forests etc.
• Overnight stay at ella
• After breakfast starts the hiking and trekking in Ella.
Start your hike to the peak of the Ella rock. Ella rock is a huge rocky peak that looms over Ella town. It is a moderate-level tropical hike. The views from the top of Ella rock on a clear day are nothing less than rewarding. The rock cliff has no safety railings and has become a favorite spot for daredevil photography. The hike itself is an interesting mix of railway tracks, tea plantations, steep climbs, and shady walks.
After the Ella rock hike, you will be taken to visit the famous Nine Arch Bridge. This beautiful colonial railway bridge is made of brick, which is a really nice place for photo lovers. When one stands underneath it and looks up there is a beautiful sight of ‘nine skies’ through the nine arches, hence it’s called as Nine Skies Bridge. It is also called ‘The Bridge in the sky due to its sheer height.
You will enjoy your packed lunch in a beautiful location
Start your next hike to Little Adam’s Peak. Little Adam’s peak is a pyramid-shaped rock located opposite the relatively huge Ella rock. Nonetheless, it offers amazing views of the Ella rock, Rawana Falls, and surrounding valleys. Best reached in the early mornings, the little Adam’s peak is often covered in mist. It is an easy hike with the path zig-zagging around the back of little Adam’s peak hill and only a bit steep near the top.
Overnight stay in Ella
• After breakfast you will be transferred to Negombo. Evening spends the time leisurely on the beach.
Overnight stay in Negombo
• Breakfast at the Hotel
• Transfer to Airport for departure – 20 minutes’ drive approximately