Heavenly Riverston Trekking: Riverston Trekking is one of the most well-known adventure activities to try in Sri Lanka. The long trek along the hill won’t make you tired because of the ever-blowing wind that refreshes you from the beginning to the end. The entire region is a miracle of mother nature. The misty mountain top is the place where a giant telecommunication tower stands. We highly recommend this trek for all travelers who love adventure and enjoying nature’s beauty at the same time.
Riverston trekking in Sri Lanka: You don’t require any hiking gears as the trail is a developed road to the mountain top. However, that doesn’t make it a general trek. Battling with the wind and feeling the magic of nature and reaching the mountain top with every step you take is a fascinating experience. Trekking in Riverton is famous for its jaw-dropping sunrise in the morning. The car park at the bottom makes things easier when reaching the trekking point with your family.
Every single creature found here is different; the nourishing conditions of the mountain region have fed them with nature’s magic. Riverston trekking is an adventurous activity for the whole family, but make sure you hold your kids all the time; the gust winds at the top are too strong.
Visit Riverston With Us: We proudly suggest this trekking destination for all travelers who love to enjoy nature’s beauty and perform adventurous activities. Risverston trekking is undoubtedly an experience that ends with lifetime memories, and we guarantee it.
What to Expect
05:30 – You will be picked up from your hotel in Kandy, Dambulla, Sigiriya or Habarana and driven to Matale.
06:30 – Reach Matale town and drive to starting point of the tour.
08:00 – On arrival to the starting point, our guide will give you a brief introduction and safety requirements of the tour.
08:10 – You will start the hike with an experienced hiking guide. Walk 1.5km to reach Riverston summit. Enjoy the view from the top. Head back to the starting point.
09:30 – Get in to vehicle and drive another 5km which is called Pitawalapathana and then walk 3.5km to reach mini world’s end.
11:30 – Thereafter, you will be driven to a waterfall nearby to have lunch with a wonderful view.
13:00 – After having lunch, you will start your next trekking to clock rock which is about 3 Km.
16:30 – Thereon, you will escort to your holiday resort for overnight stay.
17:30 – Enjoy the evening Tea at the hotel.
20:30 – BBQ dinner in the hotel.
07:30 – Enjoy a mouthwatering breakfast from the resort.
08:30 – Leave the hotel and drive 7km by the vehicle to start you first trekking for the day.
10:00 – Reach to Sera Ella water falls through the jungle. This is about 7 Km trek.
12:00 – Return back to vehicle and driven to the resort to have lunch.
13:30 – After lunch, check out from the hotel and drive 12km to enjoy some water activities.
18:30 – Thereafter, you will return to Matale and drop off where you picked up.
Hike / Trek Location
♦ We can tailor this trip to suit your requirements
♦ Any aspect of the itinerary can be altered, from excursions to accommodation
♦ You can add this hike/trek experience to your tour package
- Pick up and drop off will be provided from most closely located hotels in Kandy, Sigiriya, Dambulla and Habarana.
- Professional trekking guide.
- All meals, tea, snacks and bottled water.
- First aid during the tour.
- Entrance fees.
- Overnight accommodation in a holiday resort.
- All government taxes.
- Anything that not mentioned in inclusions.
- 14 Days prior to the scheduled travelling date: No Cancellation Fee.
- 13-7 Days prior to the scheduled travelling date: 50% Cancellation Fee.
- 6-2 Days prior to the scheduled travelling date: 75% Cancellation Fee.
- Within 24 hours prior to the scheduled travelling date: 100% Cancellation Fee.
- No Shows – 100% Cancellation Fee.
- Confirmation will be received within 24 hours of the booking subject to availability.
- Booking should be made at least 48 hours before the travelling date.
- Pick up can be arranged at any location in Sri Lanka for additional cost.
- We can tailor this trip to suit your requirements.
- Any aspect of the itinerary can be altered, from excursions to accommodation.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems.
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers.
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions.
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level.
- Please be ready at the hotel lobby 15 minutes before the pick up time.
- Please bring valid passports for entering to the sites.
- Recommend to wear shoes for your convenience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate.