Glorified Meemure Trekking: Meemure is one of the isolated and serene villages in Sri Lanka. The entire region is a collection of mountains, paddy fields, the village, waterfalls, and forestry treks. It is safe to say that this beautiful village is the number one all-in-one trekking destination in Sri Lanka. We have chosen this gorgeous village for trekking and hiking experiences in Sri Lanka as we know how brilliant it is for adventure trekking.
Meemure Trekking In Sri Lanka: One of the most beautiful villages on the island is also a perfect destination for adventure trekking. Meemure has a glorified history, too. The mountain called Lakegala is in this village, and the history says that the Great King Ravana lifted the Dandu Monara here. Walking along the trails in this exceptional village is a fabulous experience for travelers who love trekking, but physically not fit enough to climb mountains. Experienced hikers and brave travelers have many options to consider here; our trekking in Meemure options are for all travel groups, including honeymoon couples.
The Best Time For Meemure Trekking Sri Lanka: Adventure activities can happen throughout the year here. We advise that you avoid climbing waterfalls and mountains when it is raining. Don’t worry! We choose the best time of the year for this soul-satisfying activity. We even know the best times of the day for trekking on each trail in Meemure. Contact us today; let’s enjoy this remarkable activity in perfect style. We arrange everything for you from our side.
What to Expect
05.30 – You will be greeted and picked up by our driver and driven you to Hunnasgiriya (45 Km from Kandy) where you will start your trekking.
06.30 – On arrival to Hunnasgiriya, our trekking guide will give you a brief introduction and safety requirement about the tour. Thereafter, you will start you trekking through the mountains. You will explore some old tea estates and remaining of the villages that were occupied by the tea estate workers during the colonial era.
08.00 – Continue your trekking to Knuckles Information Centre which is a scenic place with an educational value. Through the jungle you will reach Corbett gap.
08.40 – After getting some knowledge about the forest, you will reach to your campsite for breakfast.
10.00 – Thereafter, you will start your nature trekking exploration to Meemure village. You will be able to experience some water activities in Meemure village and meet village people and explore the authenticity of the village.
13:30 – You can experience a traditional Sri Lankan lunch at a village house.
15:00 – After a thrilling day, you will start your way back to the campsite.
16:00 – On arrival at the campsite, you will be served evening tea. After tea you will relax and enjoy the pleasure of the surrounding environment.
19:00 – Enjoy the BBQ dinner while sitting closer to the bon fire. After dinner you will spend the night at the campsite.
07:30 – After mouthwatering breakfast, you will start you trekking for second day.
08.30 – 600m river base trekking to seven waterfalls and you can do adventurous 3 water activities there.
12:00 – Return back to campsite and enjoy your lunch.
13:30 – After lunch, you will start the second phase of the day to do another memorable trekking tour to mini worlds’ end. After enjoy the surrounding, you will drive back to Hunnasgiriya.
17:00 – Our driver will pick you and driven you to your hotel in Kandy.
Hike / Trek Location
♦ We can tailor this trip to suit your requirements
♦ Any aspect of the itinerary can be altered, from excursions to accommodation
♦ You can add this hike/trek experience to your tour package
- Pick up and drop off will be provided from most closely located hotels in Kandy.
- Professional trekking guide.
- All meals, tea, snacks and bottled water.
- First aid during the tour.
- Entrance fees.
- Overnight accommodation at a standard campsite.
- All government taxes.
- Anything that not mentioned in inclusions.
- 14 Days prior to the scheduled travelling date: No Cancellation Fee.
- 13-7 Days prior to the scheduled travelling date: 50% Cancellation Fee.
- 6-2 Days prior to the scheduled travelling date: 75% Cancellation Fee.
- Within 24 hours prior to the scheduled travelling date: 100% Cancellation Fee.
- No Shows – 100% Cancellation Fee.
- Confirmation will be received within 24 hours of the booking subject to availability.
- Booking should be made at least 48 hours before the travelling date.
- Pick up can be arranged at any location in Sri Lanka for additional cost.
- We can tailor this trip to suit your requirements.
- Any aspect of the itinerary can be altered, from excursions to accommodation.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems.
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers.
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions.
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level.
- Please be ready at the hotel lobby 15 minutes before the pick up time.
- Please bring valid passports for entering to the sites.
- Recommend to wear shoes for your convenience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate.