Colombo City Tour – Book Now
Sigiriya Day Tour – Book Now
Negombo Beach is among the best beaches in Sri Lanka and is situated close to the international airport and you can reach it within 20 minutes.
Negombo beaches draw visitors of all age categories. Beautiful sandy beaches, affordable accommodation, bars, hotels, cafes, shopping, and entertainment are the key features that render Negombo a favorite.
- The distance from Colombo for this one-day tour destination is about 40 km.
- The time of travel from Colombo to Negombo is -1 hour.
Negombo day trip is also one of the fastest day journeys from Colombo, maybe the most practical day trip from Colombo and the airport. Negombo, Sri Lanka’s beach town near Colombo International Airport, is one of the most popular beach vacation spots in Sri Lanka. All and all, one-day trips to Negombo are the best option when you visit Sri Lanka for a short-term holiday.
Negombo is among the top tourist attractions in Sri Lanka to cover in one day, owing to its distance to Colombo. It’s only 10 minutes drive from the airport and only a 1-hour drive from the capital of the country, Colombo. This close contact makes it one of the best destinations for a day tour from Colombo, only though you stay on the island for a few more hours.
Negombo Day Tour by private and independent vehicle:
Discover our Negombo community and famous attractions. We’ll let you experience and look at Negombo within a day. You can customize your Negombo one-day tour according to your holiday likes and wishes.
- Fishing Village
- Dutch Clock Tower
- St. Mary’s Church
- Dutch Fort
- Negombo Lagoon
- Kelaniya Buddhist Temple
- Hamilton Canal
Day Tours from Negombo and Things to Do:
- Beach Tours
- One-Day Tours
- Catamaran Dining
- Canal Boat Hire
- Shopping at Negombo
- Water Sports
- Visit Negombo Beach
- Cycling in Negombo
- Muthurajawela Bird Watching
The Highlights of the Day Trips from Negombo:
- You’ll be able to see and try all the places/activities you have to do in Negombo on a single trip.
- The simple distance from the international airport (15 km) makes it easy to add this trip to the start or end of your vacation in Sri Lanka.
- Visit the local “Lella” fish market and purchase the fish of your preference.
- You will eat a fish lunch you captured and purchased from Lellama at a dedicated restaurant.
- You’re going to be able to visit the popular Negombo Lagoon where crabs/lobsters and fish live in abundance.
- You would be able to experience the lifestyle of the local residents who work in the fishing industry.
- You will be directed by an experienced and professional local guide.
- Opportunity to discover the crowded avenues on a private vehicle or tuk-tuk.
- You will travel with the nearby fishermen in a catamaran and learn the typical fishing practices.
- You will be able to watch the numerous species, fauna, and vegetation in the wetland of the lagoon.
- Perhaps notably, this is an outstanding community-based tour guided by an experienced local tour operator, and in exchange, you can add to the well-being of the surrounding neighborhood.
Well, depending on the Negombo day tour you book, the things you can do and places to visit can vary. Talk to us regarding your exact requirements.
Typical Negombo Day Trips Explained:
Start your tour with a captivating catamaran trip into the beautiful blue ocean and gain knowledge of fish in both traditional and contemporary ways, and catch fish on your own. Following that, visit the bustling Negombo fish market named ‘Lellama’ and watch the boats coming back with fresh cod, shrimp, lobster, squid, and prawns. You can also purchase your own range of fish to add to the seafood dishes at lunchtime.
For lunch, you’ll be brought to a cafe where you can either experience the chef preparing a seafood meal for you or assist him in cooking the fish you’ve ordered! Your visit to the city would also take place during this period. And you will taste the tasty seafood dishes. Following lunch, you can head out on a boat ride to the Negombo Lagoon, which is filled with a variety of rivers and a tunnel. The lagoon has a large mangrove marsh. A boat ride will encourage you to find some of the species of flora and fauna in the region, as well as bird species, such as terns, herons, cormorants, and shorebirds.
Transfers between sites take place in a private vehicle or tuk-tuk that offers you an opportunity to see and connect with local people.
Negombo is a great holiday town, so selecting it as a venue for one-day tours is a convenient option. Sure, of course, in a day, you can do a ton of things in this beach town. You will visit several sites and experience a lot of things in one day.
You may ask your local travel agent to make a full-day tour itinerary for you. If you want to experience a lot of things in Negombo in a day, please contact us!