Magical Horton Plains Trekking: How about trekking along miles of highly-scenic trails in a world-famous national park? Trekking in this national park is a different experience. The fact that anybody can enjoy this trek is a bonus feature, no matter your physical fitness level. Horton Plains is the best choice for high-altitude trekking in Sri Lanka. The entire region is a magical creation of mother nature, giving you the best trekking experience in nature-rich trails.
Horton Plains Trekking is all about walking through spellbinding grasslands, cloud forests, and evergreen forests. There’s only one way we can explain this remarkable trekking experience “Heavenly.” Kirigalpotta and Totupola Kanda are fabulous choices for experienced hikers. Horton Plains is a UNESCO heritage site, meaning the whole world has understood the brilliance of the region. Trekking in Horton Plains takes you closer to an array of flora and fauna. About 750 plant species, 87 bird species, 24 mammal species, and nine reptile species to explore through trekking in stunning Horton Plains.
The World’s End: Hours of trekking along captivating trails takes you to a place called the World’s End, which is the zenith of the region. The view from the World’s End can explain to you the real wonder of mother nature. You can see miles of the region below from this high-altitude point.
We are adventure tours experts in Sri Lanka, and we recommend Horton Plains trekking for all real adventure lovers. It is one of a kind experience that undoubtedly creates lifetime memories. We are proud to become the Sri Lanka travel agency that makes it happen for you.
What to Expect
07.00 AM – You will be greeted and picked up from most closely located hotels in Nuwara Eliya and driven to Horton Plains National Park.
08.00 AM – Start your trekking in Horton Plains with our guide. Horton Plains national park is the highest plateau in Sri Lanka. It marks the southern boundary of the central highlands.
The park has a healthy population of sambar deers frequently spotted grazing. It is also one of the few national parks in Sri Lanka where no vehicles are allowed inside. Instead, the visitors walk along with a set of foot trails that lead to various areas inside the parklands. The most popular and the easiest foot trail is called the world’s end – baker’s falls round trail. Along this trail are the popular world’s end escarpment (884 metres), Baker’s falls, small world’s end and chimney pool. The Horton plains national park hosts a unique eco-system and was designated a UNESCO world heritage site in 2010.
10.30 AM – Enjoy your packed breakfast in a beautiful location.
11.30 AM – After lunch, you will be taken back to the ending point of the trekking.
12.00 PM – Driven back to your hotel in Nuwara Eliya with beautiful memories.
Hike / Trek Location
♦ We can tailor this trip to suit your requirements
♦ Any aspect of the itinerary can be altered, from excursions to accommodation
♦ You can add this hike/trek experience to your tour package
- Hotel pick up and drop off will be provided from most closely located in Nuwara Eliya.
- Entrance fee to Horton Plains National Park.
- Refreshment and snacks.
- Service of English speaking guide throughout the tour.
- All government taxes.
- Anything that not mentioned in inclusions.
- 14 Days prior to the scheduled travelling date: No Cancellation Fee.
- 13-7 Days prior to the scheduled travelling date: 50% Cancellation Fee.
- 6-2 Days prior to the scheduled travelling date: 75% Cancellation Fee.
- Within 24 hours prior to the scheduled travelling date: 100% Cancellation Fee.
- No Shows – 100% Cancellation Fee.
- Confirmation will be received within 24 hours of the booking subject to availability.
- Booking should be made at least 48 hours before the travelling date.
- Pick up can be arranged at any location in Sri Lanka for additional cost.
- We can tailor this trip to suit your requirements.
- Any aspect of the itinerary can be altered, from excursions to accommodation.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems.
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers.
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions.
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level.
- Please be ready at the hotel lobby 15 minutes before the pick up time.
- Please bring valid passports for entering to the sites.
- Recommend to wear shoes for your convenience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate.