Things To Do In Colombo — Most Accurate List
Things To Do In Colombo is a bigger agenda than you think. While you won’t see lush green mountains and charming waterfalls here, but Colombo has all the essential components of a country’s so-called Capital. The city has a long history and value as a principal port on ancient east-west trade rou
tes. This capital is a multi-race-culture-religious city. Things to do in Colombo take place within a smaller land area of 37.31 km²; you can do many things within a day here, which is remarkably special.
1) Enjoy a City Tour: This has to come first on things to do in the Colombo inventory. You can choose an open double-decker for pictorial scenes or a Tuk-Tuk ride for a more authentic experience. City tours are a prime part of tourism in Colombo.
2) Golfing at The Royal Colombo Golf Club: This well-maintained golf course has captivated all enthusiastic golfers for almost 130 years. The attractive surroundings of the golf course enhance the experience and make you feel like you are golfing in nature’s palm. We highly recommend this as one of the top things to do in Colombo. The grand Royal Golf Club completes the stylish city, Colombo in Sri Lanka.
3) Shopping: The capital of the island is also the heart of shopping. Shopping malls and fancy stores have many things to buy, including handicrafts, designer clothing, branded shoes & handbags, and even furniture; this deserves a place in things to do in Colombo. The Floating Marking in Pettah, Liberty Plaza in Kolpity, Arcade Independence Square, Colombo City Center, Odel, Marino Mall, Majestic City, and Crescat Boulevard Mall are the best choices for shopping in Colombo.
4) Taste Authentic Seafood: Sri Lanka is renowned for its tasty foods, and spicy mouth-watering seafood menus are famous among tourists. You got to savor and feel these authentic menus, especially on Mount Lavinia Beach. You can taste all the traditional meals of the country in luxurious and stylish settings in Colombo in Sri Lanka. Village-themed hotels and resorts serve local and international food menus, and those will keep you refreshed and stimulated throughout the satisfying holiday. Not to forget, Colombo is the center of Sri Lanka’s delicious street foods. Quite many street shops sell various kinds of hot and sweet treats at cheap rates at the country’s biggest shop, Colombo in Sri Lanka. Authentic food tasting is a must-include in the things to do in Colombo list.
5) Visit At Least One Temple: The jewel of the Indian Ocean is a Buddhist country, and majestic temples in Colombo have so much to give you. While you would not witness ancient temples here as you would in other Sri Lankan cities, but many attractive temples exist in this stylish city. Visiting these grand temples is undoubtedly a must-enjoy experience in Colombo. These well-known temples have become a renowned part of tourism in Colombo by now.
6) A Relaxing Massage Experience: The number of spas is on the rise with the development of tourism in Colombo. Star-grade hotels and resorts located within Colombo in Sri Lanka are the best choices for a variety of relaxing massage techniques from Shiatsu to traditional Sri Lankan healing. You can enjoy all other enthralling things to do in Colombo in the daytime and hit a luxury spa at a modern hotel at night for a perfectly relaxing and healing time. Also, the jewel of the Indian Ocean is renowned for its ancient Ayurvedic healing techniques, herbal baths, meditation, and therapeutic drinks.
7) Visit Dehiwala Zoological Garden: Yet another unmissable must-try in Colombo. See a broad collection of mammals, reptiles, birds, and fishes living in healthy settings on a beautifully landscaped 30-acres land. The zoo is more than a location; it is an experience for your whole family. Recent development programs have modified the Dehiwala Zoo up to international standards, making it one of the hearts of tourism in Colombo.
8) Nightlife Experience: One of the top things to do in Colombo. This is where the country’s city life reaches the highest point. Chill-out bars, night restaurants, casinos, and BBQ parties in luxury hotels are the perfect choices to experience the luxury nightlife of Sri Lanka. The country’s government has taken all the necessary steps for ensuring your safety at night over here. Safety monitoring systems are in place, including police and tri-forces’ vehicles continuously monitoring the capital at night for the safety of locals and tourists.