Cycling tours in Sri Lanka mean you explore the jewel of the Indian Ocean on two wheels. What kind of enthralling experience would it be? Well, riding a bicycle is always an adventurous activity. So, imagine you exploring a country that is full of world-famous travel destinations, lush green mountains, miles of paddy fields, quaint fishing villages, hilly tea plantations, and thick rainforests on a bicycle. Every mile you travel on the bike, covering Sri Lanka’s most famous travel destinations is going to exciting, fun, action-full, and satisfying. We present you exclusive bike tours in Sri Lanka, covering the best destinations, themes, and many more today.
Bike Tours In Sri Lanka: This island is compact and full of natural landscapes. These two factors result in the following cycling tour themes:
1) City Cycling Tours: Cycling in the city is one exciting way to explore the country’s city life in style during cycling holidays in Sri Lanka. Daytime & nighttime tours are the two main categories, and nighttime biking is more fun and less road traffic. Colombo, Galle, and Kandy are the top destinations for city bike tours in Sri Lanka.
2) Village Cycling Tours: Village or countryside bicycle tours in Sri Lanka is a perfect way to enjoy nature, village life, paddy fields, and traditional food menus in a more bold manner. The cool village breeze that flows over miles of greenery and natural water sources will meet you and keep you refreshed and relaxed. Sigiriya, Habarana, Dambulla, Negambo fishing village, Galle, and Kandy are the top destinations for village bike tours in Sri Lanka.
3) Adventure Mountain Biking: This is the most adventurous and satisfying package of cycling trips in Sri Lanka for Bravehearts. The center of the island refers to Central Highlands for a valid reason. These are the real expeditions that take you to mysterious mountains, hilltops, challenging inclined trekking trails, waterfalls, and the highest points on the island that almost gives you a birds-eye view of the surroundings (jaw-dropping views.) Kandy, Nuwara Eliya, Ella, Horton Plains, Hanthana, Little Adam’s Peak, Knuckles, Pidurangala, and Hatton are the best sites for adventuresome mountain bike tours in Sri Lanka.
4) Cultural Cycle Tours: The pearl of the Indian Ocean is renowned for its majestic history and culture. Cycling trips in Sri Lanka under this theme take you to the best cultural destinations where you will see hundreds of ancient ruins, religious places, giant Stupas, rock fortresses, places, and many more. The Cultural Triangle is the first-class option for these cycling holidays or cultural tours. Anuradhapura, Polonnaruwa, Kandy (Cultural Triangle,) Dambulla, Ritigala, Sigiriya, and Mihinthale are the exclusive ancient cities for cultural bike tours in Sri Lanka.
5) Wildlife/Forest Cycling Tours: Sri Lanka has 22 national parks, and the forest density stands over 15%. So, there’s no doubt that the best cycling holidays in Sri Lanka can happen this way as well. Almost every National Park on the island and Sinharaja & Kithulgala rainforest reserves are remarkable spots for wildlife forest bike tours in Sri Lanka.
What does your heart say now? No matter the cycling tour theme you like, we are here to make it a reality. Contact Overa Tours for thrilling, best cycling holidays in Sri Lanka.