Adventure Tours 10 days
Adventure tours in Srilanka are a type of niche tourism, involving exploration or travel with a certain degree of risk (real or perceived), and which may require special skills and physical exertion. The benefits that can obtain through the adventure tours are countless. Adventure travellers are able to discover Heart-Stopping untouched places, enjoy a heart-pounding experience, literally, adventure tours in Srilanka offer something for everyone.
This adventure tour is steadily growing in Sri Lanka as there is a multitude of adrenaline-inducing experiences in a whole host of beautiful and stunning natural landscapes. This tour offers a variety of exciting adventure tours like Trekking and Hiking, Rock Climbing, White water rafting, Wildlife safaris and many more here mentioned.
- Game drive in Minneriya national park
- Kayaking in Dambulla lake
- Sigiriya rock fortress
- Knuckles mountain range
- Kithulgala adventure region
- Ella mountain area
- Horton plains national park
• Arrival in Colombo International Airport and meet with our representative at the arrival lounge and Transfer to capital city Colombo – 1 hour drive approximately
• Overnight stay at Colombo
• After Breakfast at the hotel Transfer to Dambulla – 4 hours’ drive approximately and Visit Dambulla Cave Temple, a UNESCO world heritage site, this complex dates from the third and second centuries BC. Next Do evening safari game drive at Mannerly National Park. Be a part of the “Elephant gathering”, the annual congregation of Wild Elephants sometimes herds as large as 400 come together in the largest gathering of wild elephants in the world. There is also plenty of other wildlife to see and enjoy
• Overnight stay at sigiriya
• Do early morning kayak and have a breakfast at the campsite and Start the Jungle walk and the village tour. After Back to campsite for lunch Evening transfer to Sigiriya to Climb Sigiriya Rock Fortress, a UNESCO world heritage site now and was the palace and pleasure garden of King Kassapa
• BBQ dinner at the campsite
• After Breakfast at the Campsite transfer to Kandy – 2 ½ hour drive approximately. You will be transferred from Kandy 22 kms on Mahiyangana road and then another 18 kms inland by a van where you will be starting the trek through home spice gardens, vegetable fields, rice fields, tea plantation, pygmy forests and plateaus. The trek is approximately about 8 kms one way and its 16 kms in total. At the end of the trail, you would be able to swim at a base of a nice waterfall. You are expected to encounter with species such as Deer, Barking deer, Deer monkey and various types of Lizards. In this trek you will be climbing from 1200 ft to 1850 ft. On the way back you will be able to do some bird watching. In the night you will be staying in a mobile tented camp in the Knuckles mountain range above 1200 ft from the sea level
• After breakfast you will be trekking through tea plantation, pine forest, a typical kandyan village and rice fields. This is a circular trek which is approximately about 18 kms. Village culture and bird watching are some of the highlights of this trip. You will be transferred to Kitulgala. – 3 hour drive approximately
• Overnight stay at Kitulgala Adventures campsite
• After breakfast at the Campsite do waterfall abseiling. Enjoying the view of a stunning Waterfall is already amazing but abseiling takes this adventure far beyond the limits of a normal sightseeing of a tourist. The intense and powerful feeling of the water combined with the fact that you are hanging on a rope and that there is nothing but water beneath and above, will give adrenaline rush like you have never experienced before in the evening the trek to natural rock pools and waterfalls of “Kataran-Oya" -1.5KM. There are 7 natural pools which are extremely beautiful and a gift of nature where you will be able to experience the Stream slide and confidence jum after Experience White Water Rafting in the picturesque Kelani River, covering 5 major rapids and 4 minor rapids. This activity is for anyone above the age of 10 years with safety gear, modern rafts, and a comprehensive safety briefing will be given by our white water rafting instructors beforehand. The distance covered is around 5 KMs. The river and its surrounding will make you feel enchanted, with a memorable Experience during your White Water Rafting Tour in Kitulgala.
• BBQ Dinner and overnight stay at Kitulgala Adventures campsite
• After breakfast at the campsite Transfer to Hatton Railway station for catch the train and transfer to Ella – 4 hours drive approximately. During the journey, the train goes passing lush greenish tea estates, many tunnels, farming fields, villages, various types of forests etc.
• Overnight stay at ella
• Breakfast at the Hotel and You will be first trekking through a protected rainforest which will lead to a very scenic mountain cliff where you would be able to witness train passes through the colonial era railway line built by British to transport the tea harvest to Colombo port.Then you will be walking in parallel to railway line amidst misty tea estates with fascinating views of the valley below. You will come across one two railway tunnels and then to a hill country railway station from which point you will be again entering a forest which leads to a scenic cliff where we serve you a picnic meal. Then again we enter to a forest which is also very scenic and at the end of the forest we will be passing through a very remote tea estate and its village where you would be able to interact with villagers who were originally brought to Sri Lanka from India to work in the tea estates introduced by the British’s. Their way of life is still primitive. You would be able to see tea plucking ladies and weighing of plucked tea harvest. You are encouraged to interact with them and give them some gifts (pens, candies, chocolates etc) where they will highly appreciate and admire. From this point onwards it will be a descend to another remote tea estate where you will be staying overnight at a home stay where you will be served from their hearts. Do not expect commercial luxury here as this is a basic home stay with basic comforts but very clean. The view from the home stay is very beautiful as it directly sits looking toward a nice view point. On arrival you will be served a warm Tea with a smile. The cook, caretaker and your trekking guide will ensure that your stay here will be pleasant one by going that extra mile. They will show you how to wear the Sri Lankan traditional dress for ladies, the Saree, sing songs after a warm dinner with Sri Lankan rice and curry and share their life experiences in this remote tea estate village.
• Wake up in the morning at about 6 am and enjoy some stunning views of the mist-clad mountains from the garden of our home stay while sipping a warm cup of Ceylon Tea. After breakfast we will start the trek to Horton Plains through the tea estates and then through the forest overlooking some of the best sceneries in the hill country which the ordinary traveler to Sri Lanka is not privileged to witness. When you come out from the forest you will be then transferred to the entrance gate of the Horton Plains National park in a vehicle at which point where we start a another trek of approximately four hours inside Horton Plains National Park to see World’s end point, Baker’s Falls and chimney pools which feeds/starting point of all most all major rivers of Sri Lanka. During this trek you will be served a picnic meal. Finally, we are at the end of our two days trekking trip of Sri Lanka’s central highlands where you will be met with the driver and transfer to Negombo
• Overnight stay at Hotel
• Breakfast at the Hotel
• Transfer to Airport for departure – 20 minutes’ drive approximately