Glorified Meemure Trekking: Meemure is one of the isolated and serene villages in Sri Lanka. The entire region is a collection of mountains, paddy fields, the village, waterfalls, and forestry treks. It is safe to say that this beautiful village is the number one all-in-one trekking destination in Sri Lanka. We have chosen this gorgeous village for trekking and hiking experiences in Sri Lanka as we know how brilliant it is for adventure trekking.
Meemure Trekking In Sri Lanka: One of the most beautiful villages on the island is also a perfect destination for adventure trekking. Meemure has a glorified history, too. The mountain called Lakegala is in this village, and the history says that the Great King Ravana lifted the Dandu Monara here. Walking along the trails in this exceptional village is a fabulous experience for travelers who love trekking, but physically not fit enough to climb mountains. Experienced hikers and brave travelers have many options to consider here; our trekking in Meemure options are for all travel groups, including honeymoon couples.
The Best Time For Meemure Trekking Sri Lanka: Adventure activities can happen throughout the year here. We advise that you avoid climbing waterfalls and mountains when it is raining. Don’t worry! We choose the best time of the year for this soul-satisfying activity. We even know the best times of the day for trekking on each trail in Meemure. Contact us today; let’s enjoy this remarkable activity in perfect style. We arrange everything for you from our side.
What to Expect
07:30 – You will be greeted and picked up by our TUK TUK driver and driven to the starting point.
07:45 – On arrival to the starting point, our guide will give you a brief introduction and safety requirement about the hike. Thereafter, you will start your hike through the lush tea plantation. Along the way you can explore the local villages and local people. En route, you will admire the beautiful tea country and our guide points out places of interest. A backup vehicle will available for you in case it’s needed.
10:00 – Reach the top of the mountain and witness the breathtaking views and famous lone tree. This point is one of the most panoramic vantage points of Nuwara Eliya which gives an extraordinary view of the city below where you could absorb the beauty of the Haggala Mountain, Pidurutalagala range, Lake Gregory and the whole of the northern slice of the Horton Plains.
10:30 – Start your hiking down to Gregory Lake.
12:30 – You will enjoy your picnic lunch in a place with a nice view.
13:30 – You will be dropped off at your hotel in Nuwara Eliya by TukTuk.
Hike / Trek Location
♦ We can tailor this trip to suit your requirements
♦ Any aspect of the itinerary can be altered, from excursions to accommodation
♦ You can add this hike/trek experience to your tour package
- Hotel pick up and drop off will be provided from most closely located in Nuwara Eliya.
- Picnic lunch.
- First aid and back up vehicle for emergency.
- Refreshment and snacks.
- Service of English speaking guide throughout the tour.
- All government taxes.
- Anything that not mentioned in inclusions.
- 14 Days prior to the scheduled travelling date: No Cancellation Fee.
- 13-7 Days prior to the scheduled travelling date: 50% Cancellation Fee.
- 6-2 Days prior to the scheduled travelling date: 75% Cancellation Fee.
- Within 24 hours prior to the scheduled travelling date: 100% Cancellation Fee.
- No Shows – 100% Cancellation Fee.
- Confirmation will be received within 24 hours of the booking subject to availability.
- Booking should be made at least 48 hours before the travelling date.
- Pick up can be arranged at any location in Sri Lanka for additional cost.
- We can tailor this trip to suit your requirements.
- Any aspect of the itinerary can be altered, from excursions to accommodation.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems.
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers.
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions.
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level.
- Please be ready at the hotel lobby 15 minutes before the pick up time.
- Please bring valid passports for entering to the sites.
- Recommend to wear shoes for your convenience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate.