Our guided catamaran sailing tours in Negombo on the famous Hamilton Canal cruises across the city and the inland harbor and visits the major wholesale fish markets. We cross the harbor for a tour to the fishing community, where we can see dozens of fishing families collecting their catch and cleaning their nets when they return from their night-time fishing in the sea. Sailing on a traditional catamaran is adventurous and authentic at the same time. It’s indeed one of the best things to do in Negombo.
Why Should You Book a Catamaran Tour in Negombo?
- Love the sight of the Negombo coastal belt alongside its wetland lagoon with a remarkable ecosystem of flora and fauna.
- You will be assisted by a professional local guide throughout the whole journey.
- Wide stretches of beach and imperial places are additional “things to visit in Negombo.”
- You can drive to the tour location in a private vehicle tuk-tuk within a short drive.
- You will travel in a catamaran with local fishermen and witness typical lagoon fishing.
- Proximity to the 15-km International Airport of Bandaranaike allows it conveniently to get there.
- You’ll be able to visit the famed Negombo Lagoon, where there are several kinds of crabs, lobsters, and shrimp.
- You would be able to experience the culture of the nearby farming group by making a livelihood of agriculture, both collectively and independently.
Negombo Catamaran Tours – What to Expect: Negombo is among the best locations for deep-sea game fishing on the western coast of Sri Lanka. Close to the coast, you’ll find Bonefish, Indian Mackerel, Kingfish, Barracuda, Barramundi, Spanish Mackerel, Seerfish, Jackfish, Trevally, Tuna and far away Sailfish, Swordfish, Marlin and Shark. An experienced and professional fishing guide will direct you. You can engage in fishing with local fishing people during this unique catamaran tour.
The uniqueness of this tour is that it’s a blend of both culture and adventure. The catamaran used in this activity is a traditional boat, which is safe, but so simple. Riding on such catamarans and engaging in fishing with the locals would be a memorable and different experience.
The Typical Catamaran Sail Tour in Negombo: We can pick you up and bring you back from any hotel in the city of Negombo. When you’re away from the boundaries of the Negombo Municipality, we’ll pick you up from a previously-agreed location in Negombo. Conversely, you could also come to the fishing port.
Following the initial tutorial, we step into the water with the very first rays of sunshine. Fishing is difficult, but it’s an exciting activity for travel lovers. Sri Lanka is greatly admired for its vast array of sub-aquatic life. Its pristine sea and fishing zones hold an abundant supply of game fish for the keen angler.
Want to enjoy a catamaran sail tour in Negombo? Contact Overa Tours today!