Sacred Adam’s Peak Hike And Trekking: This is the most challenging hike in Sri Lanka. Climbing the sacred conical mountain over 5000 crumbling steps is a glorified experience for all hiking lovers. Many thousands of people climb this mountain every year, but it is more of a pilgrimage. Adam’s Peak is a world-famous religious destination for almost every nation on the planet. It is a hike, more than a trek, and it is challenging. Starting the sacred journey in the morning at the bottom will take until the evening when you reach the top. The height of the mountain is about 2200 meters, making Adam’s Peak Hike Distance over 5 kilometers.
Adam’s Peak Hike is the king of all hikes that happen on this beautiful island. The sunrise from the mountaintop is perhaps the most captivating sunrise you would witness on this planet. Hiking takes place during the peak season here, and the offseason is dangerous for this activity. Overa Tours arranges Adam’s Peak Hikes during the right season and the best time of the day. We take all safety measures for you.
December to May is the pilgrimage season, and starting the hike at night gets you to the top by the morning for the glorious sunrise. The total distance of the trek can be as high as 5-6 kilometers, making it the perfect choice for pro and energetic hikers. Plan your Adam’s Peak Hike with us; we arrange everything for you.
What to Expect
15:30 – You will be greeted and picked up and driven to Nallathanniya trail head.
18:30 – On arrival to the starting point, our guide will give you a brief introduction and safety requirements about the hiking tour. The hike is done on foot through the forested mountainside on the steps built into it. Packed Dinner will be provided during the hike at a comfortable place.
The hiking path from bottom to top consist of thousands of steps built in cement or rough stones. You can use the hand rails which will help you to hike easily. After 6 hours hiking, you will reach to the summit.
01:00 – Reach to summit and rest. Refreshment will be provided.
05:30 – You can witness the sunrise from the top of the Adams’ Peak.
06:30 – Start climbing down via Murray estate which is evergreen forest on the edge of the reserve. En route you will have your breakfast and visit waterfalls to take some photos. You will reach the trail head and then drive back to Nuwara Eliya at 09:30 morning.
Hike / Trek Location
♦ We can tailor this trip to suit your requirements
♦ Any aspect of the itinerary can be altered, from excursions to accommodation
♦ You can add this hike/trek experience to your tour package
- Pick up and drop off will be provided from most closely located hotels in Nuwara Eliya.
- Professional trekking guide.
- Snacks and bottled water.
- First aid during the tour.
- Entrance fees.
- Packed dinner and breakfast.
- All government taxes.
- Anything that not mentioned in inclusions.
- 14 Days prior to the scheduled travelling date: No Cancellation Fee.
- 13-7 Days prior to the scheduled travelling date: 50% Cancellation Fee.
- 6-2 Days prior to the scheduled travelling date: 75% Cancellation Fee.
- Within 24 hours prior to the scheduled travelling date: 100% Cancellation Fee.
- No Shows – 100% Cancellation Fee.
- Confirmation will be received within 24 hours of the booking subject to availability.
- Booking should be made at least 48 hours before the travelling date.
- Pick up can be arranged at any location in Sri Lanka for additional cost.
- We can tailor this trip to suit your requirements.
- Any aspect of the itinerary can be altered, from excursions to accommodation.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems.
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers.
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions.
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level.
- Please be ready at the hotel lobby 15 minutes before the pick up time.
- Please bring valid passports for entering to the sites.
- Recommend to wear shoes for your convenience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate.